REQUIREMENTS FOR ASSISTANCE AND INSTRUCTIONS TO FOLLOW:
FIRST READ ALL THE GENERAL REQUIREMENTS ON THE WHO CAN WE HELP PAGE. YOU MUST MEET THESE REQUIREMENTS.
If you do, then read the specific requirements below. Please note our maximum grant for a Security Deposit is $500 and for back rent is $750.00.
Please note only your name can be on the lease. Also, do not apply for a Security Deposit if you currently owe back rent at your current residence. Read everything below and you will get to the one section that indicates what information to email us now.
1. Past due rent or first month's rent:
Your current income must be enough to cover future rent and all you other monthly expenses. We can't accept that you hope to get get a job or you have applied for benefits or that you have a job offer or that you are awaiting a first pay stub. We can only consider what you are currently receiving and what you can show right now by a pay stub or benefits statement. Please note Requirement #9 on the Who Can We Help? page.
Do not apply for past due rent assistance if you are unable to pay the next month's rent when it it due.
2. If you are moving and need Security Deposit help or first month's rent, please only apply AFTER you have been approved to move in or if it is a residence with rent assistance only AFTER the inspection has been passed.
3. Security Deposit:
You must be able to show why you can't afford the deposit at the present time or can't save for it. We will help up to $500.00 for a security deposit. Do not apply at present if you do not have the remainder owed above $500.00. We only help with security deposit OR rent. Not both. Also, don't apply for a Security Deposit unless you have all the money for first month's rent.
If you are moving, only contact us AFTER you have found a place that has accepted you to move in and all you need is the move in costs to be paid.
4. If you are moving from having lived with a relative or at a friend's home to a new residence it is not something we can assist with since the applicant should be able to save for a security deposit or rent in that situation.
5. Do not apply now if you owe more than our maximum of $750.00 for rent or $500 for Security Deposit UNLESS you have other sources that have committed to paying all of the additional amount owed above over our maximum right now.
6. Since State Emergency Relief (SER) may be able to assist you, before requesting help with us you MUST have an SER response to your CURRENT situation. Information can be found here by clicking here: Michigan SER Assistance. Again, only contact us if you have a response from SER.
7. If you missed work and fell behind in rent, we must see that you've now returned to work for at least one pay period of full time employment.
8. Please note, if it is nearer to the end of the month we may require seeing that next month's rent is paid before we can assist. PLEASE NOTE WE CAN'T BECOME INVOLVED UNLESS, WITH OUR HELP, THE BALANCE OWED WILL BE ZERO. THERE CAN BE NO ARRANGEMENT OF A PAYMENT PLAN WITH THE LANDLORD FOR ANYTHING ELSE OWED OR ANY OTHER TYPE OF ARRANGEMENT AS THE BALANCE MUST GET TO ZERO WITH OUR PAYMENT.
9. Please do not apply if any of your utility bills are past due. We can't help with rent or a security deposit if your current utilities are past due or a utility bill from a prior residence remains overdue.
10. PLEASE SEND US, BY EMAIL, THE FOLLOWING ANSWERS AND WE WILL BE BACK IN TOUCH. ONLY ANSWER THE FOLLOWING. NOTHING MORE PLEASE. DO NOT SEND ANY DOCUMENTS OR ATTACHMENTS.
IN YOUR EMAIL YOU MUST TYPE A. AND THEN ANSWER WHAT IS REQUESTED FOR A. AND THEN THE SAME FOR B. ETC. UNTIL YOU HAVE ANSWERED ALL THAT IS REQUESTED FROM A through I. YOU MUST FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
EMAIL US BY CLICKING HERE: Here to Help Foundation
You MUST include ALL of the following specific information:
A. Your name, phone number, address, date of birth and answer who referred you to us or how you found out about Here to Help. If moving please provide current address and address of where moving.
B. Please include in your email that you are interested in the ROOF OVER HEAD program.
C. Please state you have read and you meet ALL of our General Requirements as listed on the Who Can We Help page.
D. You must write that you have read and you meet ALL the "Requirements for Assistance" for the ROOF OVER HEAD program.
E. Please state how much is owed in total. Please also answer how any amount above our maximum amount for rent or security deposit, as stated above, will be paid. Again, it is premature to apply for our help if any amount more than our maximum is not already covered by you or another resource.
F. What was the response of SER? A reply is required. See Requirement #6 above.
G. Please also provide detailed information as to what has caused your emergency situation, what you need help with and the amount needed. Please also indicate how you will be able to pay your rent moving forward and why you are unable to pay your rent (or security deposit/move in costs if that is what you are requesting) at the present time. Include whether you are receiving any rent assistance.
H. Please state the amount of your net monthly income if working (a four week period and after taxes, deductions etc) or the amount of your disability payments etc. PLEASE BE ACCURATE AS WE CAN'T GIVE YOU A SECOND OPPORTUNITY. You must have been working your job for at least four weeks. (Please also indicate the amounts of any food assistance, child support etc.) If working, please state where you are working. Please not income cannot be from monthly assistance from family members or friends.
I. Please list the names and amounts for all of your monthly expenses/bills and the specific amount for each of your monthly expenses/bills (for example: rent, food, phone, heat, gas, water, electricity, cable, transportation costs, day care, medical costs, loan payments, toiletries, clothing etc.) DO NOT LEAVE ANYTHING OUT! PROVIDE THE TOTAL AMOUNT FOR EVERYTHING. WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PROVIDE YOU A SECOND CHANCE TO CHANGE ANY OF WHAT YOU TELL US NOW. INCLUDE EVERYTHING. If one or more of your bills is paid not per month but, for example, every six months (like car insurance or a water bill) then let us know the amount and how often it is paid.
Do not provide any more information than that which is requested above and we will reply.
Check your spam/junk folder on your email as sometimes our emails wind up there.
Also, make sure you have read in detail Requirement #9 on the Who Can We Help? Page.