PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING BEFORE DOING ANYTHING FURTHER:
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO APPLY WITH US IF YOU ARE APPLYING FOR FIRST MONTH’S RENT OR SECURITY DEPOSIT OR BACK RENT ISSUES THAT ARE NOT AT ALL A RESULT OF COVID-19 ISSUES (FOR EXAMPLE, LAID OFF FROM YOUR JOB ETC).
IF YOU CURRENTLY OWE FOR BACK RENT OR ARE SEEKING ASSISTANCE FOR HELP WITH FUTURE RENT PAYMENTS OR YOU NEED HELP WITH UTILITIES AS A RESUL TO COVID-19 RELATED PROBLEMS, THEN PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
MICHIGAN’S PROGRAM OF COVID EMERGENCY RENTAL ASSISTANCE (CERA) IS AVAILABLE FOR YOU! CERA CAN ASSIST WITH RENT YOU CURRENTLY OWE AS WELL AS RENT FOR FUTURE MONTHS AND WILL HELP WITH UTILITIES AND INTERNET BILLS.
SINCE THERE IS A LOT OF AVAILABLE FUNDING THROUGH THE GOVERNMENT, YOU MUST HAVE APPLIED FOR HELP WITH CERA AND RECEIVED A REPLY BEFORE SEEKING THE ASSISTANCE OF HERE TO HELP AND OUR ROOF OVER HEAD PROGRAM.
YOU CAN APPLY HERE (CLICK HERE TO APPLY) OR PLEASE CONTACT THE FOLLOWING LOCAL AGENCIES WHO WILL BE ASSISTING YOU IN APPLYING FOR HELP:
IF YOU LIVE IN DETROIT, HIGHLAND PARK OR HAMTRAMCK:
IF YOU LIVE IN WAYNE COUNTY AND OUTSIDE OF DETROIT, HIGHLAND PARK OR HAMTRAMCK THEN CONTACT: Wayne Metropolitan CAA 8:00 - 6:00pm M-F 9:00 - 12:00p Sat (734) 284-6999 CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION: WAYNE METRO
AGAIN, BECAUSE OF THIS GOVERNMENTAL RELIEF BEING AVAILABLE TO COVID RELATED RENT ISSUES, WE WILL ONLY ACCEPT APPLICATIONS FOR BACK RENT AFTER YOU HAVE RECEIVED A REPLY FROM YOUR APPLICATION TO CERA (AND THEY CANNOT HELP YOU). WE WILL REQUIRE A WRITTEN COPY OF THEIR RESPONSE. ALSO, PER 3/29/2021 ORDER OF THE CDC, THERE CAN BE NO EVICTIONS BEFORE JUNE 1, 2021. HERE IS THE REQUIRED PAPERWORK TO READ AND SIGN AND WHICH YOU MUST GIVE TO YOUR LANDLORD TO PREVENT AN EVICTION: CLICK HERE
REQUIREMENTS FOR ASSISTANCE FROM OUR ROOF OVER HEAD PROGRAM AND INSTRUCTIONS TO FOLLOW:
FIRST READ ALL THE GENERAL REQUIREMENTS ON THE WHO CAN WE HELP PAGE. YOU MUST MEET THESE REQUIREMENTS.
If you do, then read the specific requirements below. Please note our maximum grant for a Security Deposit is $500 and for rent or mortgage it is $750.00. DO NOT APPLY UNLESS YOU PRESENTLY HAVE EVERYTHING OWED ABOVE OUR MAXIMUM. WE CAN ONLY HELP WITH RENT OR SECURITY DEPOSIT. NOT BOTH. AND IF YOU APPLY FOR SECURITY DEPOSIT THEN YOU HAVE TO HAVE THE FIRST MONTH RENT COVERED AND VISA VERSA.
Read everything below and you will get to the one section that indicates what information to email us now.
1. Past due rent or first month's rent:
Your current income must be enough to cover future rent and all you other monthly expenses. Please note Requirement #8 on the Who Can We Help? page.
2. If you are moving and need Security Deposit help or first month's rent, please only apply after you have been approved to move in (and only need to pay Security Deposit and/or First Month rent).
3. If you are moving, please do not apply until you have been approved by the landlord or property management company as a tenant and you are ready to move in except you need assistance with move in costs.
4. If you are to receive rental assistance (i.e. Section 8) , please do not apply until such time as the residence has been approved by the resource that will be providing you rental assistance. Only apply after the residence has passed inspection. Also, we usually are unable to assist move in costs for someone moving from their family home into their first residence given these applicants can live at home until having saved for move in costs.
5. State Emergency Relief (SER) may be able to assist if you have an eviction in place so please have a reply from SER before contacting us for help. Information can be found by clicking here: Michigan SER Assistance.
6. Again: Please note our maximum grant for a Security Deposit is $500 and for rent or mortgage it is $750.00. DO NOT APPLY UNLESS YOU PRESENTLY HAVE EVERYTHING OWED ABOVE OUR MAXIMUM. WE CAN ONLY HELP WITH RENT OR SECURITY DEPOSIT. NOT BOTH.
Also, be aware that if it is now nearer to the end of the month we may require waiting to see if next month's rent will be able to be paid on time.
7. Again, we cannot become involved unless with our help the balance owed will be zero. Also, if you are self employed we will need to see bank statements and tax returns to establish income and ability to pay rent.
8. There can't be an arrangement of a payment plan with the landlord for anything else owed as the balance must get to zero with our payment. Also, if you are moving, you cannot owe money to your prior landlord and seek our help for assistance to pay your new landlord. Lastly, we aren't able to be involved if the person money is owed to is a relative.
9. Your current utility bills must be up to date, and there can't be a past due bill from a prior residence. Please don't apply yet if any of your utility bills are past due.
10. If you meet the above requirements for assistance and also those on the Who Can We Help? then please click here to fill out the: Initial Application.
If you have any questions then just email us at email@example.com . We look forward to reading your Application and doing all we can to assist you.All of our programs also provide other forms of assistance including offering mentoring and support groups, locating housing, financial literacy help, computer and internet training, mental health counseling, referrals for job training, locating employment, negotiating with creditors, help with filling out job and employment applications and other non-economic needs that are encountered.