PLEASE NOTE THAT THE NEW FEDERAL AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN IS PROVIDING 25 BILLION DOLLARS TO THE STATES FOR RENTAL ASSISTANCE. THIS MONEY WILL SOON BE AVAILABLE IN WAYNE AND OAKLAND COUNTY.
BECAUSE OF THESE BENEFITS BEING AVAILABLE, AS OF JANUARY 21ST WE WILL ONLY ACCEPT APPLICATIONS FOR BACK RENT FROM THOSE WHO HAVE RECEIVED AN EVICTION NOTICE. PLEASE ALSO BE AWARE THAT THE MORATORIUM ON EVICTIONS HAS BEEN EXTENDED AS OF JANUARY 21ST UNTIL MARCH 31ST. IF YOU FILL OUT THE FOLLOWING FORM AND PROVIDE IT TO YOUR LANDLORD, YOU CANNOT BE EVICTED: CLICK HERE FOR FORM
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR THERE ARE OTHER FACTORS YOU FEEL WE SHOULD BE AWARE OF, THEN PLEASE EMAIL US AND INDICATE YOU HAVE READ OUR CURRENT REQUIREMENT AND HAVE ADDITIONAL FACTS YOU WANT TO ADVISE US OF. WE WILL THOUGHTFULLY CONSIDER SUCH INFORMATION AND REPLY VIA EAMIL.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ASSISTANCE AND INSTRUCTIONS TO FOLLOW:
FIRST READ ALL THE GENERAL REQUIREMENTS ON THE WHO CAN WE HELP PAGE. YOU MUST MEET THESE REQUIREMENTS.
If you do, then read the specific requirements below. Please note our maximum grant for a Security Deposit is $500 and for rent or mortgage it is $750.00. DO NOT APPLY UNLESS YOU PRESENTLY HAVE EVERYTHING OWED ABOVE OUR MAXIMUM. WE CAN ONLY HELP WITH RENT OR SECURITY DEPOSIT. NOT BOTH.
Read everything below and you will get to the one section that indicates what information to email us now.
1. Past due rent or first month's rent:
Your current income must be enough to cover future rent and all you other monthly expenses. Please note Requirement #8 on the Who Can We Help? page.
2. If you are moving and need Security Deposit help or first month's rent, please only apply after you have been approved to move in (and only need to pay Security Deposit and/or First Month rent).
3. If you are moving, please do not apply until you have been approved by the landlord or property management company as a tenant and you are ready to move in except you need assistance with move in costs.
4. If you are to receive rental assistance (i.e. Section 8) , please do not apply until such time as the residence has been approved by the resource that will be providing you rental assistance. Only apply after the residence has passed inspection. Also, we usually are unable to assist move in costs for someone moving from their family home into their first residence given these applicants can live at home until having saved for move in costs.
5. State Emergency Relief (SER) may be able to assist if you have an eviction in place so please have a reply from SER before contacting us for help. Information can be found by clicking here: Michigan SER Assistance.
6. Please note, if it is nearer to the end of the month we have to establish that next month's rent will be able to be paid.
7. Again, we cannot become involved unless with our help the balance owed will be zero.
8. There can't be an arrangement of a payment plan with the landlord for anything else owed as the balance must get to zero with our payment. Also, if you are moving, you cannot owe money to your prior landlord and seek our help for assistance to pay your new landlord. Lastly, we aren't able to be involved if the person money is owed to is a relative.
9. Your current utility bills must be up to date, and there can't be a past due bill from a prior residence. Please don't apply yet if any of your utility bills are past due.
10. If you meet the above requirements for assistance and also those on the Who Can We Help? then please click here to fill out the: Initial Application.
If you have any questions then just email us at email@example.com . We look forward to reading your Application and doing all we can to assist you.All of our programs also provide other forms of assistance including offering mentoring and support groups, locating housing, financial literacy help, computer and internet training, mental health counseling, referrals for job training, locating employment, negotiating with creditors, help with filling out job and employment applications and other non-economic needs that are encountered.