REQUIREMENTS FOR ASSISTANCE AND INSTRUCTIONS TO FOLLOW:
FIRST READ ALL THE GENERAL REQUIREMENTS ON THE WHO CAN WE HELP PAGE. YOU MUST MEET THESE REQUIREMENTS.
If you do, then read the specific requirements below. Please note our maximum grant for a Security Deposit is $500 and for rent or mortgage it is $750.00. DO NOT APPLY UNLESS YOU PRESENTLY HAVE EVERYTHING OWED ABOVE OUR MAXIMUM. WE CAN ONLY HELP WITH RENT OR SECURITY DEPOSIT. NOT BOTH.
Read everything below and you will get to the one section that indicates what information to email us now.
1. Past due rent or first month's rent:
Your current income must be enough to cover future rent and all you other monthly expenses. Please note Requirement #9 on the Who Can We Help? page.
2. If you are moving and need Security Deposit help or first month's rent, please only apply after you have been approved to move in (and only need to pay Security Deposit and/or First Month rent).
3. We don't find housing for someone but help with the costs of housing.
4. If you have Section 8 or other rent assistance, only apply after the residence has passed inspection.
5. State Emergency Relief (SER) may be able to assist so please have a reply from SER before contacting us for help. Information can be found by clicking here: Michigan SER Assistance. Additionally, Wayne Metro Community Action Agency may be able to assist with rent. Please check with them first.
6. Please note, if it is nearer to the end of the month we have to establish that next month's rent will be able to be paid.
7. Again, we cannot become involved unless with our help the balance owed will be zero.
8. There can't be an arrangement of a payment plan with the landlord for anything else owed as the balance must get to zero with our payment.
9. Your current utility bills must be up to date, and there can't be a past due bill from a prior residence.
10. PLEASE SEND US, BY EMAIL, THE FOLLOWING ANSWERS AND WE WILL BE BACK IN TOUCH PROMPTLY.
IN YOUR EMAIL YOU MUST TYPE A. AND THEN TYPE YOUR ANSWER FOR WHAT IS REQUESTED FOR A.
AND THEN THE SAME FOR B. ETC. UNTIL YOU HAVE ANSWERED ALL THAT IS REQUESTED FROM A THROUGH I.
IT WORKS BEST TO COPY AND PASTE THE QUESTIONS BELOW INTO AN EMAIL AND THEN ANSWER. EMAIL US BY CLICKING HERE: Here to Help Foundation
You MUST include ALL of the following information:
A. Please provide your name, phone number, address, date of birth and answer who referred you to us or how you found out about Here to Help.
If you're moving please provide current address and address of where you're moving.
B. Please include in your email that you are interested in the ROOF OVER HEAD program and answer whether you owe for back rent, Security Deposit or first month's rent.
C. Please confirm you have read and you meet ALL of our General Requirements as listed on the Who Can We Help page.
D. Please confirm you have read and you meet ALL the "Requirements for Assistance" for the ROOF OVER HEAD program.
E. Please state how much is owed in total right now. If for back rent, please state what month or months is the back rent owed for and state whether current month of rent has been paid. If for deposit or first month's rent, indicate how much is owed for each one.
Please also answer how any amount above our maximum amount for rent or security deposit, as stated above, will be paid. Again, it is premature to apply for our help if any amount more than our maximum is not already covered by you or another resource.
F. What was the response of SER and Wayne Metro? See Requirement #5 above.
G. Please provide detailed information as to what has caused your emergency situation and the amount needed. Please indicate why you are unable to pay your rent (or security deposit/move in costs if that is what you are requesting) at the present time and will be able to pay in the future. If for back rent, please indicate if you will have rent money to pay on the first of the month for next month.
H. Please state the amount of your net monthly income if working (a four week period and after taxes, deductions etc. and you must have been working the prior four weeks) or the amount of your disability payments etc. Please also indicate the amounts of any food assistance, child support, rent assistance etc. If working, please state where you are working. If self employed, your income must be confirmed via last two years of income tax returns and you must be paying quarterly estimated taxes.
I. Please list the names for each of your monthly expenses AND the specific amount for each of expense per month. For example: rent, food (what you pay and not what food assistance pays) phone, heat, gas, water, electricity, cable, transportation costs, day care, medical costs, loan payments, toiletries, clothing etc.) DO NOT LEAVE ANYTHING OUT. PROVIDE THE TOTAL AMOUNT FOR EVERYTHING. WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PROVIDE YOU A SECOND CHANCE TO CHANGE ANY OF WHAT YOU TELL US NOW. If one or more of your bills is paid not per month but, for example, every six months (like car insurance or a water bill) then let us know the amount and how often it is paid. Also, if you receive food benefits then state the amount and how much, if any, you also pay for that monthly expense.
If all of this is provided, and we feel you meet ALL the Requirements, we will email you a few more questions and list of required documents. Check your spam/junk folder on your email as sometimes our emails wind up there.
Check your spam/junk folder on your email as sometimes our emails wind up there.