A. GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR HELP:
We hope we can help you.
Here to Help is a unique Foundation as we have obtained IRS approval to directly assist people in need. There are though specific IRS requirements for the Foundation that we must follow and you must meet these requirements. The IRS has ruled that:
Here to Help can assist temporarily impoverished individuals who are facing an unexpected emergency and thereby lack the basic necessities of life.
What it really means is we can help those who can show they don't have enough money at the present time to pay for their emergency need but will be able to pay their bills in the future.
So what are the general requirements for help:
1. We are only able to assist in Wayne or Oakland County in southeastern Michigan. We can only accept your Driver's License with your current address or your State issued Identification Card.
2. We can't be a temporary solution to the problem (for example we can't pay this month's rent if you won't be able to pay next month's rent).
3. We'll need to establish you are currently without enough income to pay for your emergency need. You simply must not have enough money at the present time.
4. We have to be certain, if we are able to help, that you'll then be able to pay all your bills moving forward.
5. This is a very important requirement: Your emergency situation must have occurred through no fault of your own.
In other words, you can't be the cause or even a partial cause of the problem causing the emergency. Things that you had absolutely no control of must be the cause of the emergency. We are also very sorry but we will likely not be able to assist in situations where you had a baby and could no longer work, or fell behind due to increased expenses with children, and are now in an emergency economic situation. This situation has been ruled upon previously that the applicant was a contributing cause to the emergency situation and therefore we could not assist.
6. We can only help individuals relying as little as possible on governmental and charitable help. Every situation is different, so we'll look at your entire picture.
7. WE ARE A ONE TIME RESOURCE, SO WE CAN ONLY HELP ONCE AND WITH ONE SPECIFIC EMERGENCY NEED.
8. Last one. If you are unable to work due to a disability, we will require documentation of the disability by your receiving SSI or SSD. So please don't apply if you will are currently not able to produce that information.