REQUIREMENTS FOR ASSISTANCE AND INSTRUCTIONS TO FOLLOW:
First read ALL the "General Requirements for Help" on the Who Can We Help page. You MUST meet these requirements.
If you do, then read the specific requirements below to make sure you qualify for this program. Read everything and you will get to the one section that indicates what information to email us now. Do not email anything UNLESS it is specifically asked for. Read everything on this page before doing anything further.
1. We can only assist with payment on one utility bill and all other utility bills must be up to date. So don't apply now if, for example, you owe on your water bill AND your electric bill.
2. We are a resource of last resort so you should make certain you have sought assistance from State Emergency Relief (SER) or, if DTE related, through DTE's Low Income Self Sufficiency Plan as well. Click the link below for information: Low Income Self Sufficiency Plan
3. The maximum amount we can provide is $500.00.
4. Do not contact us at this time if the total amount you owe is above our $500.00 maximum and you do not have the ability to pay EVERYTHING owed above our maximum at the present time.
5. Do not apply, if you are behind in your rent or mortgage. Our grant would go to waste if we get your utility bill paid off but you are then evicted because you can't get caught up on rent or mortgage.
6. Please make sure you have read all the Requirements on the Who Can We Help page and including number 9.
7. If you are seeking our assistance with a utility company to get on a payment plan, then unfortunately we won't be able to assist. We can only pay to get the balance to zero and can't provide a grant to get on a payment plan.
8. Again, after our assistance the balance must be zero.
9. If you have any questions regarding any of the Requirements then please email us.
10. PLEASE SEND US, BY EMAIL, THE FOLLOWING ANSWERS AND WE WILL BE BACK IN TOUCH. ONLY ANSWER THE FOLLOWING. NOTHING MORE PLEASE. DO NOT SEND ANY DOCUMENTS OR ATTACHMENTS.
IN YOUR EMAIL YOU MUST TYPE A. AND THEN ANSWER WHAT IS REQUESTED FOR A. AND THEN THE SAME FOR B. ETC. UNTIL YOU HAVE ANSWERED ALL THAT IS REQUESTED FROM A through G. YOU MUST FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
EMAIL US BY CLICKING HERE: Here to Help Foundation
You MUST include ALL of the following specific information:
A. Your name, phone number, address, date of birth and answer who referred you to us or how you found out about Here to Help.
B. Please include in your email that you are interested in the Let's Keep the Lights On program.
C. Please state you have read and you meet ALL of our General Requirements as listed on the Who Can We Help page.
D. You must write that you have read and you meet ALL the "Requirements for Assistance" for the Let's Keep the Lights On program.
E. Please also provide just a couple of sentences regarding why you can't pay your utility bill at the present time, how much is owed currently and explain how you will be able to afford to pay your bill in the future. Please also provide your account number for your utility bill.
F. Please also state the reply from State Emergency Relief (SER) and how anything owed about our $500.00 maximum is being paid by you or other sources.
G. Please state the amount of your net monthly income (after taxes, deductions etc.) and whether that comes from wages or from governmental benefits. If working, where do you work?
H. Lastly, please also list the name of each of your monthly expenses/bills and the amount of all your monthly expenses (for example: rent, food, phone, heat, gas, water, electricity, cable, transportation costs, day care, medical costs, loan payments, toiletries, clothing etc.) DO NOT LEAVE ANYTHING OUT! PROVIDE THE TOTAL AMOUNT FOR EVERYTHING. If one or more of your bills is paid not per month but, for example, every six months (like car insurance or a water bill) then let us know the amount and how often it is paid. If you receive benefits to cover any of your expenses (for example food benefits) then please indicate that information.
Please only send the above information. Nothing more.