REQUIREMENTS FOR ASSISTANCE AND INSTRUCTIONS TO FOLLOW:
First read ALL the "General Requirements for Help" on the Who Can We Help page. You MUST meet these requirements.
If you do, then read the specific requirements below to make sure you qualify for this program. Read everything and you will get to the one section that indicates what information to email us now. Do not email anything UNLESS it is specifically asked for! Read everything on this page before doing anything further.
1. We can only assist with payment on one utility bill and all other utility bills must be up to date. So don't apply now if you have other utility bills that are currently behind in payment.
2. We are a resource of last resort so you should make certain you have sought assistance with DTE bills through their Low Income Self Sufficiency Plan. Click the link below for information: Low Income Self Sufficiency Plan
3. The maximum amount we can provide is $500.00.
4. Do not contact us at this time if the total amount you owe is above our $500.00 maximum and you do not have the ability to pay EVERYTHING owed above our maximum at the present time. For us to be able to assist then after our assistance the balance owed must be zero.
5. Again, we are prohibited from assisting with a utility bill if other utilities are behind as well (for example, we can't help with DTE bill if water bill is delinquent). We will request copies of your other bills so make sure on this requirement.
6. We also cannot provide assistance if you are behind in your rent or mortgage.
7. You must have a reply from State Emergency Relief (SER), which may be of assistance with utilities.
8. Please make sure you have read all the Requirements on the Who Can We Help page and including number 9.
9. If you have any questions regarding any of the Requirements then please email us.
10. PLEASE SEND US, BY EMAIL, THE FOLLOWING ANSWERS AND WE WILL BE BACK IN TOUCH. ONLY ANSWER THE FOLLOWING. NOTHING MORE PLEASE. DO NOT SEND ANY DOCUMENTS OR ATTACHMENTS.
IN YOUR EMAIL YOU MUST TYPE A. AND THEN ANSWER WHAT IS REQUESTED FOR A. AND THEN THE SAME FOR B. ETC. UNTIL YOU HAVE ANSWERED ALL THAT IS REQUESTED FROM A through G. YOU MUST FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
EMAIL US BY CLICKING HERE: Here to Help Foundation
You MUST include ALL of the following specific information:
A. Your name, phone number, address, date of birth and answer who referred you to us or how you found out about Here to Help.
B. Please include in your email that you are interested in the Let's Keep the Lights On program.
C. You must also indicate that you have read and you meet ALL the "General Requirements for Help" on the Who Can We Help page.
D. You must write that you have read and you meet ALL the "Requirements for Assistance" for the Let's Keep the Lights On program.
E. Please also provide just a couple of sentences regarding why you can't pay your utility bill at the present time, how much is owed and explain how you will be able to afford to pay your bill in the future.
F. Please also state the reply from State Emergency Relief (SER) and how anything owed about our $500.00 maximum is being paid by you or other sources.
G. Lastly, please state the amount of your net monthly income (after taxes, deductions etc.) and whether that comes from wages or governmental benefits. Please also list the name of each of your monthly expenses/bills and the amount of all your monthly expenses (for example: rent, food, phone, heat, gas, water, electricity, cable, transportation costs, day care, medical costs, loan payments, toiletries, clothing etc.) DO NOT LEAVE ANYTHING OUT! PROVIDE THE TOTAL AMOUNT FOR EVERYTHING. If one or more of your bills is paid not per month but, for example, every six months (like car insurance or a water bill) then let us know the amount and how often it is paid. If you receive benefits to cover any of your expenses (for example food benefits) then please indicate that information.
If all of this is provided, and we feel you meet ALL the Requirements, we will email you the Application questions and list of required documents. Check your spam/junk folder on your email as sometimes our emails wind up there.