PLEASE FEEL FREE TO APPLY WITH US IF YOU ARE APPLYING FOR UTILITIES ASSISTANCE AS LONG AS THE CAUSE OF YOUR ISSUE IS NOT RELATED TO COVID-19 ISSUES (LIKE LOSING YOUR JOB DUE TO COVID-19 LAYOFFS).
IF YOU CURRENTLY OWE FOR UTILITIES AS A RESULT OF COVID-19 RELATED PROBLEMS, THEN PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
MICHIGAN’S PROGRAM OF COVID EMERGENCY RENTAL ASSISTANCE (CERA) IS ALSO AVAILABLE TO HELP WITH YOUR UTILITIES (AND INTERNET BILLS).
SINCE THERE IS A LOT OF AVAILABLE FUNDING THROUGH THE GOVERNMENT, YOU MUST HAVE APPLIED FOR HELP WITH CERA AND RECEIVED A REPLY BEFORE SEEKING THE ASSISTANCE OF HERE TO HELP AND UTILITIES PROGRAM.
YOU CAN APPLY HERE (CLICK HERE TO APPLY) OR PLEASE CONTACT THE FOLLOWING LOCAL AGENCIES WHO WILL BE ASSISTING YOU IN APPLYING FOR HELP:
IF YOU LIVE IN DETROIT, HIGHLAND PARK OR HAMTRAMCK:
IF YOU LIVE IN WAYNE COUNTY AND OUTSIDE OF DETROIT, HIGHLAND PARK OR HAMTRAMCK THEN CONTACT: Wayne Metropolitan CAA 8:00 - 6:00pm M-F 9:00 - 12:00p Sat (734) 284-6999 CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION: WAYNE METRO
AGAIN, BECAUSE OF THIS GOVERNMENTAL RELIEF BEING AVAILABLE TO COVID RELATED UTILITY ISSUES, WE WILL ONLY ACCEPT APPLICATIONS FOR UTILITIES HELP AFTER YOU HAVE RECEIVED A REPLY FROM YOUR APPLICATION TO CERA (AND THEY CANNOT HELP YOU). WE WILL REQUIRE A COPY OF THEIR RESPONSE.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ASSISTANCE AND INSTRUCTIONS TO FOLLOW:
First read ALL the "General Requirements for Help" on the Who Can We Help page. You MUST meet these requirements.
If you do, then read the specific requirements below to make sure you qualify for this program. Read everything and you will get to the one section that indicates what information to email us now.
1. We can help you with payment on one utility bill and all other utility bills must be up to date. For example, don't apply yet if you owe on your water bill AND your electric bill.
2. We are a resource of last resort so please first get an answer from State Emergency Relief (SER) or, if DTE related, through DTE's Low Income Self Sufficiency Plan. Their phone number is: 800-477-4747. Additionally, Wayne Metropolitan Community Action Agency provides utility assistance in Wayne County.
3. The maximum amount we can provide is $500.00.
4. If what you owe is above our $500.00 maximum and you do not have the ability to pay the rest owed, then don't apply just yet.
5. Hopefully you are not behind in rent as we can't help pay your utility bill and subsequently your are evicted because you owe back rent. So wait until your rent is up to date.
6. Please make sure you have read all the Requirements on the Who Can We Help page and including number 8.
7. If you are seeking our assistance with a utility company to get on a payment plan or make a partial payment to avoid shut off, then we can't do that as we can only pay to get the entire amount owed paid off.
8. Again, after our assistance the balance must be zero.
9. If you have any questions regarding any of the Requirements then please email us.
10. If you meet the above requirements for assistance and also those on the Who Can We Help? page, then please fill out your information by clicking here: Initial Application.
We look forward to reading your Application and doing all we can to assist you.